4 mins read
My Browsing List
Following are some of the interesting stuff from the web. They mostly revolve around Programming, Life lessons and other stuff that I find interesting or funny. This also serves as a reference list for me when I want to show one of these to someone.
I’ll be adding more as I go. So do check back later. If you feel like you have something that you think I will enjoy, let me know :)
- How to Understand Things - Improve the quality of your thoughts
- Grave Errors Made By Men in Their 20s - Something I wish I had read when I was 19.
- Teach yourself programming in 10 years - Well, to those who thought you can learn X in Y days
- Programming Jargons
- Jon Skeet Facts - Chuck Norris style jokes but for programming. Always cracks me up 😂
- Cicada 3301: An Internet Mystery - Just start and you’ll find yourself watching the whole thing.
- The Art of Code by Dylan Beattie - Oh you gotta watch it!!
- Architecture: The stuff that’s hard to change
- Playlist from Bisqwit - I enjoy his programming videos although I never got around to watching all of them.
- vue.js: The documentary - Beautiful documentary on the creation and inception of vuejs.
- Why You Can’t Name A File CON In Windows by Tom Scott - People like just the right combination of Novelty and Familiarity
Life and science
- The Science of Thinking - Understand your brain better.
- Inside the mind of a master procrastinator by Tim Urban - A good and funny talk on procrastination.
- How talking about your goals is Destroying your success - All talk and no play makes jack a dull boy.
- This equation will change how you see the world - Mandelbrot set and bifrication diagram, unlocking the code behind universe?
- This video has X views
- “I’m a Machine” An interview with Fabiano Caruana by Tania Sachdev - Well, there’s definitely something going on (Comment section is gold)
Some of the personal websites that I find interesting
- Donald Knuth - One of the best programmers of our time, created LaTeX, wrote TAOCP
- Fabrice Bellard - Creator of FfMpeg, QuickJS, TCC and a lot of fantastic stuff. An underrated gem of a programmer.
- Martin Fowler - Software Engineering, Refactoring and stuff (aimed more at the industrial aspect than the creative aspect.)